Saturday, November 22, 2008

What I Have Learned...

I have found this class very informational. I have enjoyed learning about how technology can be used in the classroom. It has opened my eyes to just how much the Internet can aid me in my classroom and to the students as a whole. I did not know that I would be able to use blogs with my classroom. I have found that blogs are a great tool to express feelings and help students branch out onto the Internet and learn new things rather than being chained to a textbook. I also learned that a class website will be helpful. I will use a website for my class so that my students can stay informed on what we did in class each day, check assignments, and it will help keep the parents informed on what their child is doing in class. I hope to utilize technology to the fullest in my classroom so that my students will have every advantage to succeed in their educational pursuits.
I cannot think of anything that I would have liked to learn about and did not. The only suggestion that I could make for next semester's classes is to go as a group to the ACCESS lab. The instructor will be able to give a more consistent and thorough presentation of the materials used and what ACCESS is all about. I would have liked to spend more time with the subject of ACCESS so that I could see how it worked in an actual classroom rather than just seeing the materials needed for it to work. But other than that, this was a great course!

No comments: