Monday, November 3, 2008

Mathematics with Technology Blog

In these two blogs, the speaker talks about how and why to integrate technology into the mathematics curriculum. She states that teachers think that technology is not needed when studying mathematics but in fact, it is vital. Technology allows students to integrate past concepts with new ones in a shorter amount of time. It also allows students to see mathematics in a new way, grasping all learning styles. Technology is also an important tool in critical thinking skills. It allows students to look at a problem from all angles and come up with a thorough answer based upon their critical thinking abilities.
I will use technology in my classroom to enhance the learning of my students. I find that looking at something in a new way helps me learn better and I feel that it will do the same for my students. I hope to incorporate technology in my mathematics classes so that my students will be open to the world and know how these practices apply to everyday life.
Technology and blogs both enhance a curriculum in numerous ways. They give insight to teachers on new methods and give children a view of the world that they may have not had before. I will use both blogs and technology in my classroom daily to help enhance my curriculum and enrich the lives of my students.

1 comment:

Matt Cline said...

nice post marlena.. cool to see you plan on using blogs and technology in your classroom when you become a teacher...