Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Podcast Reviews

I personally found all of the blogs very well presented. I know that we were all nervous but I found that each group covered this fact up well. Even though I could not listen to my podcast because it has not been aired yet, I know that I said "umm" quite a few times too many. I also feel that my group members and I should have made our podcast more conversational and less lecture.
The first podcast that I listened to was about Blogging. It was presented by Ashley Corley, Brooke Busby, and Kimberly Pierce. I found that maybe by writing down what you were going to say before saying it, it would help with the pauses that sometimes elapsed. I also thought that the speakers could be a bit more animated when talking. I think that it would have helped the podcast be more attention grabbing.
The second podcast that I listened to was about Blog Experiences. It was presented by Rachael Beaty, Keller Weathers, and Joye Wiggins. I found the presentation hard to hear at times, so maybe talking into the microphone more or speaking louder would help. I also found that when the group members were talking all at once it was hard to understand what each person was trying to say. Talking one at a time will help this problem out immensely.
The last podcast that I listened to was about ALEX and ACCESS. The presenters were Susan Smith, Bridget Thompson-Hall, and Angela Minish. I think that by collecting your thoughts before you begin speaking it will help the tumbling over words and thoughts that haven't fully developed. I thought that the articulation could be improved as well.
I would like to close by saying that once again, I thought that all of the podcasts that I listened to were great and I was hard for me to criticize any of them.

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

You are not criticizing the podcast, you are critiquing them, a big difference. You are correct in that everyone did a good job for their first podcast. As I stated in class, the groups must "practice!" Now that you have done your own podcast, you now have a better idea of what to do and not to do while recording.